Webinar discussing the project plan for a national beacon project for low-carbon travel in popular rural areas, based in the Peak District
Mon, 31 January 2022 15:00 – 16:00 GMT
.Eventbrite Register Here
About this event
Travelling Light is a national beacon project for low-carbon travel in popular rural areas, based in the Hope Valley area of the Peak District National Park. It is a project of Hope Valley Climate Action (HVCA), in partnership with Derbyshire County Council and the Peak District National Park Authority.
The Travelling Light Project Plan is now available on our website.
We will be holding a webinar to launch the plan from 3 pm to 4 pm on Monday 31st January.
We will be joined for a panel discussion by some fantastic contributors:
- Andrew McCloy, Chair – Peak District National Park Authority
- Jo Dilley, Managing Director – Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire
- James Blake, CEO – Youth Hostels Association
- Professor Stephen Joseph – leading transport expert, University of Hertfordshire Smart Mobility Unit
- Roger Clarke, Travel & Transport Group Convener -Hope Valley Climate Action
- Mandy Holden, Travelling Light Project Officer – Hope Valley Climate Action
The webinar will run through key features of the project plan. Contributors will provide an insight into how Travelling Light fits in with the work of their organisation. There will be a chance for discussion and to put your questions to the panel.
At Hope Valley Climate Action, we have been asking ourselves:
‘What could low-carbon rural travel look like in 2030?’
‘What can a community organisation do to work towards that vision?’
‘Who do we need to work with to make transformative change happen?’
The project plan introduces some early answers and defines the first actions the Travelling Light project will take. The plan is structured around four interrelated and interdependent themes, each comprising a number of work packages to kick off the 5-year pilot.
- Switching to Everyday Walking & Cycling
- Switching to Public & Shared Transport
- Reimagining Car Ownership
- Spreading Change
For more information visit https://hopevalleyclimateaction.org.uk/
To get in touch or to submit questions in advance please contact Mandy Holden at firstname.lastname@example.org